Synology Inc has launched RackStation RS820+/RS820RP+, a 1U 4-bay rackmount NAS designed with high-performance data transmission and storage scalability for midsize offices.
“The CPU upgrade of RS820+/RS820RP+ brings high sequential reading throughput at over 1,621 MB/s in a 10GbE environment. With upgradable memory, optional high-speed network adapter support, and storage expansion, RS820+/RS820RP+ is ideal and competitive for midsize offices requiring an efficient and easy-to-use data sharing solution,” said Michael Wang, Product Manager at Synology Inc.
Key features of RS820+/RS820RP+:
- 4-core, 2.1 GHz CPU with AES-NI support
- 2GB DDR4 memory expandable up to 18GB
- Scale up to 8 drives with one Synology expansion unit RX418
- One PCIe 3.0 slot for an optional 10GbE add-in network interface card, or an M2D18 M.2 SSD adapter card
- Advanced Btrfs file system offering 65,000 system-wide snapshots and 1,024 snapshots per shared folder
- Synology High Availability (SHA) providing continuous services with seamless transitioning between clustered servers